In this modern age of modular kitchens, every household requires best kitchen chimney in India which is a necessity. Chimneys are the technological wizards that keep your kitchen fresh, clean, and hygienic. The invention of chimneys has reduced the immense effort that went into cleaning the kitchen.
Chimneys are now responsible for keeping the dirt, grease, oil, smoke, and other unhealthy particles away from the kitchen and creating a healthy cooking environment.
Kitchen chimneys are especially essential for Indian kitchens. There is no denying that cooking in this country involves deep-frying, grilling, and the use of tons of spices and gallons of oils.
While the process brings amazing taste to food, it also adds oils, smokes, and grime to your kitchen. And this is where the best kitchen chimneys in India make their remarkable entry.
Table of Contents
- Below are the Best Kitchen Chimney in India 2021
- Top 3 Best Chimney in India 2021
- Kitchen Chimney Efficiencies
- The Growth in Demand for Kitchen Chimneys
- Best Kitchen Chimneys in India – Reviews
- 1. Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney
- 2. Hindware 60cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney – Nevio 60
- 3. Eurodomo 90 cm 1200 m3/h Auto-Clean Chimney – Hood Classy HC BK 90
- 4. Elica 60 cm 1100 m3/hr Chimney – ESCG BF 60 NERO
- 5. Hindware 60cm 1100 m3/hr Chimney – Sabina SS 60
- 6. Faber 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney – HOOD CREST HC SC BK 90
- 7. Eurodomo 60 cm 1200 m3/h Auto-Clean Chimney – Prime HC TC BK 60
- 8. Eurodomo 60 cm 1050 m³/hr Pyramid Kitchen Chimney – HOOD CARBON PB BK 60
- 9. Faber 60cm 1000 m3/hr Chimney – Hood Tratto Plus BK LTW 60
- 10. Sunflame 60 cm 1100 m³/hr Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney – BELLA 60 BK
- How to choose the best chimney for your kitchen?
- Top 5 Kitchen Chimney Brands In India
Below are the Best Kitchen Chimney in India 2021
|S. No||Best Kitchen Chimney||Suction Power||Noise Level||Weight||Warranty||Price|
|1.||Elica 60cm Auto Clean Chimney||1200 m3/hr||58||14 kg||1+5 Years||Check on Amazon|
|2.||Hindware 60cm Auto Clean Chimney||1200 m3/hr||58||14 kg||1+5 Years||Check on Amazon|
|3.||Eurodomo 90cm Auto Clean Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney||1200 m3/hr||58||12kg||1+5 Years||Check on Amazon|
|4.||Elica 60cm Electric Kitchen Chimney||1100 m3/hr||58||10kg||1+5 Years||Check on Amazon|
|5.||Hindware 60cm Baffle Filter Chimney||1100 m3/hr||58||10kg||1+5 Years||Check on Amazon|
|6.||Faber 90cm Heat Auto Clean Chimney||1200 m3/hr||58||18kg||1+5 Years||Check on Amazon|
|7.||Eurodromo 60cm Auto Clean Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney||1200 m3/hr||58||10kg||1+5 Years||Check on Amazon|
|8.||Inalsa 60cm Pyramid Chimney||1150 m3/hr||65||6kg||2+7 Years||Check on Amazon|
|9.||Faber 60cm Kitchen Chimney||1000 m3/hr||62||12kg||1+12 Years||Check on Amazon|
|10.||Sunflame 60cm Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney||1100 m3/hr||58||29kg||1+5 Years||Check on Amazon|
Top 3 Best Chimney in India 2021
|Best Choice||Premium Choice||Value for Money|
Faber 60 cm 1200 m³/hr Auto-Clean curved glass Kitchen Chimney
|Faber 60 cm 1350 m3/hr Auto Clean Angular Chimney||Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney|
Why we selected it
Why we selected it
Why we selected it
|Buy On Amazon||Buy On Amazon||Buy On Amazon|
Why Use A Chimney In Your Kitchen?
If you are still not sure regarding your purchase then you must look at the reasons why should use a chimney in the kitchen. Here are the details
- Keeps Kitchen Clean – The first thing to note is that the chimney will help you in keeping the kitchen clean. You will not experience grime accumulation and this will ensure that the cabinets, counter, walls and even tiles remain clean. The only thing that you might have to clean over time is the chimney filter.
- No Unwanted Smell – Next thing that you must understand is that the chimney will help you in removing the unwanted odour from the house. While cooking, the strong exhaust in the chimney will extract the odour immediately which will ensure that you do not face any irritation in eyes and nose.
- No Smoke in House – The next reason why you must use a chimney is that it will extract and remove all the smoke from the kitchen. Yes, the kitchen can get filled with smoke while you are making parathas or while you are grilling chicken on LPG. The chimneys will remove all these things easily.
- Reduce Indoor Air Pollution – When LPG burns, it produces CO2 and Water. Carbon dioxide is certainly not good and leads to air pollution. In certain cases, because of inadequate burning, there may be Carbon monoxide being produced in the kitchen. Chimney can extract all the harmful cases and throw them out of the house
- Improving the Looks – The last thing that you might want to consider here is that it would improve the looks of the kitchen. There are really beautiful designs available in the market which are worth looking at. You can even choose an elegant glass design.
Kitchen Chimney Efficiencies
Fitted right above your gas stoves and equipped with high suction motors, chimneys direct cooking residues out of the house. They are quite efficient in sucking out the oil fumes, extracting the dirt caused by spices, and removing the smoke and undesirable smells.
Chimneys perform their duty while you are cooking and hence create a healthy kitchen environment. Plus, it prevents oils and grimes from staining your kitchen walls, tiles, and cabinets. Hence, it marks the cleaning procedure off your radar altogether!
With kitchen chimneys, you no longer need to worry about the stinky smell, unhealthy smoke, or sticky dirt in your kitchen.
Advanced features and high technology equipped modern chimneys with the power to handle the unhealthy atmosphere of your kitchens and replace it with freshness. Your kitchen is now in safe hands!
The Growth in Demand for Kitchen Chimneys
Probably that’s the reason why the demand for kitchen chimneys in the Indian market is increasing by about 20% every year. Hence, several companies are producing thousands of chimneys to suit their customer demands.
But in the era of advertisements, it is a little difficult to choose the ideal kitchen chimney from the long lists of those available in the market.
And that is exactly why we are here with our list of India’s top ten best kitchen chimneys. Continue reading to know their features, pros, and cons to make an informed decision while choosing the perfect chimney for your kitchen.
Best Kitchen Chimneys in India – Reviews
Let us now move on to the most important section of our article. Kitchen chimneys are a crucial and long-term investment. So, it is indeed very necessary that you choose the perfect one for your kitchen.
To aid you with the selection process, we performed detailed research into the range of products available in the market. And from those, we have shortlisted the top ten best kitchen chimneys in India that are available for purchase.
We picked these top ten products depending on the several important factors like size, type, filter quality, suction capacity, etc., which are necessary aspects of a kitchen chimney. We have also based our research on the specific needs of every Indian Kitchen.
Our methodology of selection is also highly sophisticated and well researched. We chose the best brands and selected their best kitchen chimneys according to customer ratings.
What’s more, we picked up the pros and cons directly from the customer reviews of the products. Hence, you don’t have to make an extra effort to perform the tedious task of going through every review—we have that covered for you.
Come, let’s have a look!
1. Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney
Beginning with Elica Chimney which is a popular name in Kitchen Chimney Brand in India which you can buy. It’s best feature is Heat Auto clean Technology, Filterless Technology and Motion Sensor, Available in the size of 60 cm to 90 cm and suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr, this is certainly one of the most advanced Kitchen chimneys that you will find in the Indian market.
The chimney features some of the amazing features like touch control panel. With the help of these touch buttons, it is a lot easier to control the chimney and there is a button that helps you in cleaning the chimney with just a simple touch. During the auto clean functionality, elements gets heated to get rid of the sticky grime inside the chimney. All these things are collected in an oil collector below.
Apart from the features listed above, the chimney gets a LED lamp which is a standard across the chimney. The baffle filter removes the smoke and odour very effectively as well. Talking about the dimensions of the chimney, the LxB is 59.5 cm x 44.5 cm. The length of the duct cover is 49 cm.
If you purchase this chimney then you will also be provided with an installation kit which includes an Aluminium Duct Pipe, Clamp, Cowl Cover and Aluminium Tape. The chimney also gets a LED display which shows you the temperature and the time since which the chimney is running. Overall, it is one of the best product in the Indian market and it certainly represents the state of art features for you. With a maximum noise level of 58 dB, this chimney becomes an ideal purchase for you.
- The easy to clean and maintain baffle filters enhance its utility by removing all the kitchen’s unhealthy smoke, oil, and grease.
- It’s provided with a separate oil collector that collects the oil and other residues and further eases the cleaning procedure.
- Its stainless steel design keeps it rust-free and aids in hassle-free cleaning while enhancing its durability.
- The 60 cm size fits 2-4 burner stoves, while the 90 cm size is suitable for 3-5 burner stoves.
- Its suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr is great for a kitchen size greater than 200 sqft and for cooking that involves heaving, frying, and grilling.
- Easy to use and maintain
- The auto-clean technology is very efficient
- LED lights are very powerful and effective
- Very useful and highly efficient motion sensors
- Baffle filters are very easy to remove and clean
- Great suction power
- A bit noisy but bearable
- Auto-clean doesn’t clean the baffle filters
- Installation service is a little problematic
Editor’s Tip: It’s a good product that provides great features at an affordable price. If you are ready to clean the baffle filters, tolerate the noise, and bear with the installation service, then you should go for this chimney.
2. Hindware 60cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney – Nevio 60
Hindware is another popular brand that you will find in the Indian market and the next product on our list is from Hindware. The advantage of choosing this chimney is that you can choose the size of the chimney. Yes, this is available in a 60 cm size and 90 cm size.
Apart from this, the chimney has a suction power of 1200 m3/h which is more or less the standard across the market. This model is also loaded up with features and the list of features includes thermal auto clean, 2 LED lamps, oil collector cup and SS Baffle Filter. The auto cleaning feature certainly comes as a blessing when it comes to cleaning of the chimney. It should be noted that you need to clean the filter and the chimney just once in every 6 months.
Talking about other details, the chimney looks really amazing as it has a curved glass design with a stainless steel finish. All these factors contribute to making this one of the best models in India. This model features a metallic blower which increases the life of chimney and this is coupled with feather touch controllers and a display. You can certainly choose this product and ensure a smoke free, clean and fresh kitchen for your loved ones. Our vote goes to Hindware Nevio 60 when it comes to performance and value for money.
- The dimensions of the chimney are 52 cm x 50 cm x 60 cm. This represents the length of the chimney, breadth of chimney and height of the duct.
- The brand offers a 1 year warranty on the chimney and 5 years warranty on the motor.
- You also get an auto clean feature with this chimney which makes cleaning really easy.
- The chimney is available in 2 sizes; 60 cm & 90 cm.
- The baffle filters use panels to separate grease and spice and are fine with half-yearly cleaning
- Great suction power that easily clears the sticky oil, odor, and smoke from the kitchen
- The 3 step-speed control is effective for cooking different meals
- The heavyweight copper motor enhances its performance
- It comes with a protective cover
- Thermal auto-clean is quite effective
- Installation costs a little extra
- The plastic oil collector isn’t sturdy enough
- The top glass needs special care
- A little noisy
- LED lights aren’t that powerful
Editor’s Tip: The chimney is quite efficient in its performance, with user-friendly features offered within an affordable range. The only problem with the product is that it isn’t sturdy enough and you need to take special care to maintain it. If you are ready to do that and the noise and low-powered LED lights don’t bother you, then this one is good to go.
3. Eurodomo 90 cm 1200 m3/h Auto-Clean Chimney – Hood Classy HC BK 90
Are you looking for a chimney that offers you better coverage? Well, check out this model from Eurodomo which features a 90 cm size for you. Before we forget, it should be noted that this chimney is available in 60 cm size as well but here, we are going to talk about the 90 cm version.
This chimney can be used if you have a stove with 3 to 5 burners. Apart from this, you will love these specifications and the design of the chimney. Talking about the dimensions first, the chimney has a length of 90 cm and it has a height of 60 cm. The width of the chimney is 48 cm.
The chimney comes with a baffle filter which can easily be cleaned. To add-on to the features, the chimney also has an auto-clean feature which automatically cleans the chimney and collects the oil in a dedicated oil collector. This baffle filter is designed with stainless steel which is resistant to corrosion and it also ensures that the oil is dragged down to maintain cleanliness.
The curved glass mount gives it an elegant look and this is coupled with a premium black finish which adds to a modern look to the chimney. The standard function that we forgot to mention about is the 2 LED lights that can be turned on as per your requirements.
- The warranty offered by the brand on this chimney is 1 year however, there is a 5 year warranty applicable on the product.
- You get touch controls for controlling the chimney and this is coupled with a screen as well
- The size is enough for a stove with 3 to 5 burners. In addition to this, the chimney has the suction power of 1200 m3/h
- The chimney has low noise levels of 58 dB only.
- Powerful suction capacity
- The feather-touch control panel is very efficient
- Sturdy toughened glass doesn’t break easily
- Produces minimum sound, almost like silent operation
- Great installation service
- Great value for money
- Cleaning the baffle filters are a little difficult
- Oil collector tray isn’t quite effective
- Weak LED light
Editor’s Tip: This user-friendly product offers some great features at a very reasonable price. Plus, its noise production is the lowest in several other products. Cleaning and the LED light seem to be the only problems with this chimney. So, if you are ready to replace the lights and clean the device that silently keeps your kitchen fresh and clean, then you should go for it.
4. Elica 60 cm 1100 m3/hr Chimney – ESCG BF 60 NERO
This is the second product from Elica in our list and one of the major difference between this one as the first one is that of price. So, if you are looking for something that is affordable then you can opt for this filter from Elica.
Talking about the features of this chimney from Elica, this has a premium stainless steel finish and it is available in Black and Silver colour. The suction power is good and you can use it with a stove of 2 to 4 burners. There are also 2 LED lamps integrated into the design.
Talking about the filter used here, you get a Stainless Steel Baffle Filter which ensures that the grime is separated out and the smoke is expelled outside. The curved glass design gives it an elegant look and the warranty protects you from any kind of manufacturing defect. One of the good think about this chimney is that it is very power efficient which means that you will save on the electricity bills as well.
Apart from this, the noise levels are also very much under control so you may not worry about exceeding the noise levels and waking up the sleeping toddler in the house. As mentioned earlier, this chimney is certainly worth the price and it offers value for money for the people looking for the basic yet efficient chimney.
- The size of this chimney is 60 cm and it has an air suction capacity of 1100 m3/h.
- The chimney has 3 speed push buttons and a button to control the light as well. These buttons have a chrome finish.
- You can choose between the two colours available in the chimney which are black and silver
- The brand offers a warranty of 5 years on the motor and the chimney has an overall warranty of 1 year.
- Powerful suction capacity
- Produces very little noise
- Easy to remove and clean components
- Very effective control panel
- Efficient LED lights
- Neat finishing
- A little high-maintenance
- No oil collector drip
- Installation service isn’t of top quality
Editor’s Tip: This one is a budget-friendly product with some great features and comparatively lower noise levels. It’s a perfect fit for small kitchens if you have other installation options and are ready to put in an extra effort for its maintenance.
5. Hindware 60cm 1100 m3/hr Chimney – Sabina SS 60
We have one more product in our list from Hindware and this is also an affordable chimney from Hindware. Talking about the dimensions first, the length of the chimney is 50 cm and the width is 40.7 cm. The height of the duct cover provided with this chimney is 50.6 cm. In terms of controls, this chimney gets Push Button Control along with Stainless Steel Baffle Filter.
The baffle filter can easily be cleaned and since it is designed with stainless steel, it is not prone to rust. The chimney also has 2 integrated LED lamps which makes it easier for you to cook the food. It helps you in achieving the optimal level of grill because of better lighting.
The motor of the chimney is very powerful and you do not experience any issues when you are running the chimney for long hours. The only thing that you will notice is that your kitchen is clean and there is no odour or smoke around.
With all these features, the chimney proves to be your best companion in the kitchen if you have a stove with 2 to 4 burners. The design covers the stove and hence you do not experience any issues during the course of usage. The filter needs to be cleaned once in 6 months and it is not a hassle at all. You can get the optimal levels of cleaning easily and we would certainly recommend this chimney.
- This chimney has a size of 60 cm and suction power of 1100 m3/h.
- You get a 5 year warranty only the motor and the overall chimney comes with the warranty of 1 year.
- Features a curved glass design which is available in silver and black colour.
- Also has push button controls along with a stainless steel baffle filter.
- Great suction capacity
- Powerful LED lights
- Powerful motor
- Toughened glass is very sturdy
- High maintenance
- The installation service isn’t always so great
Editor’s Tip: This budget-friendly, easy-to-use chimney ensures good performance with features suitable for small kitchens with 2-3 burner gas stoves. But it’s a little high maintenance in the sense that the cleaning procedure needs a little effort and is a bit time-consuming. Plus, it’s better if you can get it installed personally.
6. Faber 90 cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney – HOOD CREST HC SC BK 90
Faber is the other most popular best Kitchen Chimney Brand that one can buy in India. Available in the size of 60 cm, it is best for the 3-5 burner stove and can be used as wall mounted Chimney. The first thing that you would notice is that this chimney is huge.
This means that if you are planning to use a 3 to 5 burner stove then you will be able to fully utilize the chimney. This is probably the first model in the market that comes with a filter-less technology and a control gesture. Yes, that is right, you can control the speed of the motor with hand gestures which means that you would not have to touch the chimney with greasy hands while you are cooking.
The suction capacity is good and the chimney also gets auto clean function which would heat the chimney and remove the grime. As mentioned earlier, there is no filter in the chimney and hence it doesn’t require major efforts in cleaning. The chimney uses angled airflow to ensure cleanliness.
This feature is really innovative and even though the chimney is priced at a premium, it is worth purchasing the chimney at that price. It is highly efficient and the oil collector also works quite efficiently. The LED Lights are also very powerful which allows you to get a better visual of you are cooking. Overall, the chimney is durable and one of the sturdiest product in the market.
- The size of the chimney is 90 cm and you can use it with a 3 to 5 burner stove.
- The suction capacity of this chimney is 1200 m3/h and it has a noise level of just 58 dB
- The chimney comes with feather touch control which makes it easy to use the chimney
- You also get 1 year warranty on the chimney along with 5 years warranty on the rotor and on the motor.
- Efficient performance with its filterless technology and high suction capacity
- Powerful LED Lights
- Top-notch motion sensor
- Very effective auto-clean technology
- Sturdy build with a toughened glass shield
- Easy to clean and maintain
- A bit noisy but bearable
- Poor Installation service
Editor’s Tip: This chimney makes up for its premium price with user-friendly technologies, low maintenance, and exclusive features. If you have a large kitchen or a multiple-burner gas stove, you can go for this product. Just make sure you can bear the noise level and get it installed personally.
7. Eurodomo 60 cm 1200 m3/h Auto-Clean Chimney – Prime HC TC BK 60
This is the second product from Eurodomo on our list and the best part is that it is at a much lower price range when compared with other products. In addition to this, the chimney also has an auto-clean feature which is usually missing in the chimney which is priced in this price range.
It should be noted that the chimney is available in 2 sizes which includes a 60 cm variant and a 90 cm variant. If you intend to use a 2 to 4 burner stove then you can opt for a 60 cm variant but if you intend to use a stove with 3 to 5 burner then we would recommend you to opt for a 90 cm variant.
Apart from the details listed above, the chimney gets touch controls which makes it easy for you to change the speed of the chimney or to turn-on the lights. You will also get a stainless steel baffle filter with the chimney and it also features an auto-clean feature.
With the touch of a button, the heating element heats the element which removes the grime and oil from the chimney. The overall dimensions of this product for a 60 cm model is 60 cm x 48 cm x 60 cm. The last that we are going to mention here is that the chimney is available in black colour with an elegant curved glass design.
- The size of the chimney is 60cm which comes with a suction power of 1200 m3/h.
- The brand offers a 1 year warranty on the chimney and 5 years warranty on the motor.
- The chimney comes with an auto-clean feature which makes it a lot easy to clean.
- The noise level of the chimney is 58 dB and you can operate the motor at various speed levels.
- A high-quality, sturdy product that is not susceptible to damage
- The powerful suction capacity that keeps the kitchen clean and fresh even with deep frying and grilling
- Stainless steel baffle filters with smooth edges make it easy to clean
- Touch panel and upper glass panel are made from toughened glass which is hard to crack
- The auto-clean feature makes it very easy to clean and maintain
- Good installation service
- A bit noisy
- LED Lights are not very powerful
Editor’s Tip: This chimney is a great example of value-for-money products, offering such a sturdy device with good features and hassle-free operation at an affordable price. The installation services are also said to be very efficient, except that they charge a little extra money sometimes. It’s truly a good chimney to buy at such a price if you can bear the noise level and low-powered LED lights.
8. Eurodomo 60 cm 1050 m³/hr Pyramid Kitchen Chimney – HOOD CARBON PB BK 60
Moving on the chimney at number 7 in our list. This is a product from Inalsa Eurodomo and it is a 50 cm pyramid kitchen chimney. This chimney is available in Grey and Black colour and it has a good airflow as well. As per the standard, you get 3 speed settings along with Stainless Steel Baffle Filters.
The controls integrated into this chimney includes push button controls and they have a sturdy build quality. There is a dedicated button to control the lights on the chimney as well. Talking from the price perspective, it is one of the most affordable chimneys that you will find in the market and this is the best part about the chimney.
The dimensions of the chimney are 60 cm x 47 cm x 57.2 cm. The suction power of this chimney is 1050 m3/h and it is sufficient for a medium size kitchen. The chimney works efficiently when it comes to extracting smoke and removing odour. The baffle filter can be cleaned once every six months.
The added advantage is that the stainless steel filter is quite durable. Apart from this, the chimney comes with 2 year warranty on the overall setup which is maximum in the market. You can really be assured about the durability of the chimney. On the downside, the maximum noise level is slightly high but it is well within the comfort range for your family.
- A basic 60 cm chimney with a suction capacity of 1050 m3/h
- Has a noise level of 65 dB with dual light setup and 3 speed settings.
- The brand offers 2 years warranty on the chimney and 7 years warranty on the motor.
- Available in 2 colours and suitable for the kitchen with a size of up to 175 sq. feet.
- Good features at a nominal price
- Great suction capacity for small kitchens
- Highly powerful bright LED lights
- Easy to clean
- Not sturdy enough
- The comparatively higher noise level
- The motor makes noise sometimes
- Low quality plastic duct pipes
- Poor installation service
Editor’s Tip: This budget-friendly chimney is the perfect fit for small Indian kitchens, which involves heavy cooking with oils and spices. If you can bear the noise, which is slightly higher, and sturdiness isn’t a requirement, then you can go for this. Also, it will be better if you can get it installed personally and replace the plastic duct pipes with aluminum ones at the time of installation. All things considered, at such a nominal price, this chimney is really good to go with smaller kitchens.
9. Faber 60cm 1000 m3/hr Chimney – Hood Tratto Plus BK LTW 60
With all the products that you have seen from Faber in our list, you would have realized that it is certainly a very reliable brand when it comes to Chimney. If you are looking for one such chimney with a high suction power then you can check this model out. You can use it with a stove of 4 burners and it has a heavy suction capacity.
The chimney is fit for kitchens where the total size is more than 200 sq. ft. Yes, it is high on power but you do not have to worry about the noise created by the chimney because of the fact that the maximum noise that is created here is just 58 dB
In terms of dimensions, the length of the chimney is 60 cm and the breath of the chimney is 49 cm. The company provides a duct cover of 72 cm in size. Talking more about the design, the chimney has a curved glass which makes it look really attractive. For the controls, you get buttons to control the chimney.
There are 3 speed settings and there is 1 light setting to turn on the 2 powerful LED lights that are integrated into the chimney’s main panel. It is quite easy to clean the filter and since the chimney comes with 3 layer baffle filter, you just have to clean it once every 6 months.
- This chimney has a size of 60 cm and it is suitable for a gas stove which has 2 to 4 burners
- The brand offers a 1 year warranty on the chimney and it also offers 12 years warranty on the motor.
- The suction capacity of the chimney is 1000 m3/hr
- It comes with a 3 layer baffle filter which can extract the grime out very easily.
- It comes with a powerful motor that helps to enhance the suction capacity, lowers the noise level, and ensures durability.
- Its auto-clean technology aids in easy and effective cleaning.
- Good Suction Capacity
- Easy to clean baffle filters
- LED lights are bright and powerful
- A little noisy
- Cannot remove the spicy odor
- Needs frequent cleaning
Editor’s Tip: This budget-friendly product comes with good features and is very easy to use and clean. However, it is suitable for small kitchens and cooking that doesn’t involve many oils or spices. So, if you like simple cooking, can bear the noise, and don’t mind frequently cleaning a chimney at such an affordable rate, you can go for this one.
10. Sunflame 60 cm 1100 m³/hr Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney – BELLA 60 BK
We will now move on to the last product in our list and this is a chimney from Sunflame. The first thing that you will notice about this chimney is the extended glass flaps which makes it an amazing choice in terms of pulling out the smoke and odour. It doesn’t let anything escape because of the concave design.
The controls are the push button controls which lets you set one of the three speed levels. In addition to this, you can also turn on the integrated lights with the help of the push buttons. The motor is also quite efficient and it sucks up the smoke and other fumes very easily. Talking about the suction capacity, the capacity of the capacity here is 1100 m3/h which is good enough for a medium-sized kitchen.
The baffle filters that are integrated into this chimney are also durable and since they are designed with stainless steel, you do not experience any discomfort while cleaning them. They can be cleaned once every 6 months and that will be enough.
The noise levels for this chimney are also quite low which are between 55 dB to 57.5 dB depending on the speed you select. To conclude, we can say that Sunflame is one such reliable brand that you can choose without a second thought and the products from the brand are also affordable which advantage is certainly for the consumer.
- This chimney from Sunflame has a size of 60 cm and it is good enough for 2 to 4 burner stove.
- Features an extended curved glass so that the smoke doesn’t
- Quite a powerful chimney and it is available in 2 colours which are black and silver.
- The brand offers a warranty of 1 year on the chimney and 5 years on the motor.
- Powerful suction capacity
- Highly efficient baffle filters
- Noisy motor
- Weak exhaust pipe
- Poor installation service
Editor’s Tip: This user-friendly chimney offers some great features priced at such a nominal rate. The only problem seems to be the installation service, which you can fix by getting personal help. And, if you can adjust to the motor sound and replace the exhaust pipe with a sturdier one at the time of installation, the chimney will be a good fit for your small kitchen with heavy cooking.
How to choose the best chimney for your kitchen?
You should consider various aspects and facets before making the choice of buying a chimney. Here, we have discussed those aspects in detail. This buying guide will help you find the chimney that is just right for your kitchen. Let’s discuss these aspects.
- Consider the size of the chimney
Chimneys come in different size variants. Some of them are large while the others are comparatively smaller. Before buying a chimney, you should always get the details of its size. Make the comparison between the size of your kitchen cabinets and the chimney so that the chimney will fit perfectly in your kitchen and not cause any damage or look odd. A basic rule here is that the chimney you choose must be the size of a stove or cooking platform but never smaller than that.
- Consider the design of the chimney
Depending on the design, kitchen chimneys are of two types i.e. Contemporary and Convectional. Contemporary Chimneys are mostly used in modular kitchens because of their sleek design and style symbol. They are generally made of stainless steel and come in different colour variants and are more expensive. On the other hand, Convectional Chimneys are less expensive, less stylish and more focused on performance rather than the style.
- Consider the price of the chimney
The price of the chimney depends largely on its size as well as design. Sometimes the chimneys may need additional ducting and this may add up to its price. You should always consider the price of the chimney that you are buying and then buy the one that fits best to your budget. Many manufacturers provide free installation so may not worry about installation charges. But you should always check if the installation is free or not.
- Consider the type of the chimney
This aspect completely depends on the structure as well as the construction of your kitchen. There are three common types of chimneys that can fit in various structures of your kitchen. These are – Island chimney, built-in chimney and wall-mounted chimney. The island chimneys are best if you have a cooking platform at the centre of your kitchen.
They hang from the ceiling to provide suction. Built-in chimneys are the ones that are fitted against the wall and inside the kitchen cabinets. Lastly, wall mounted chimneys are fitted on the wall. These are not surrounded by the kitchen cabinets and hence hang solo. Make sure you consider all of this.
- Consider the suction power of the chimney
The suction power of your chimney will depend upon its size. The chimney you choose much be able to change the air of the kitchen in a matter of ten minutes. If it takes more than that then you may need a chimney with higher suction power.
There are also calculation methods available on the web that you may use to calculate the size of the chimney your kitchen requires. Most chimney manufacturers provide free installation. They may also help you in choosing the suction power that is best suited for your home. Suction power is a very important aspect that you should never ignore while buying a chimney.
Also, depending on the rooms you have in your home you may need a specific suction power.
- Consider the filter of the chimney
There are generally three types of filters in a chimney. These are: Baffle filter, Carbon filter and Cassette filter. Baffle filters are made in such a way that even when they are loaded with grease and oil, their suction power is not affected.
They are best suited to be used in kitchens where Indian food is cooked. It needs very less maintenance. Whereas, carbon filters are widely used for absorbing odour from a kitchen. The oil and grease may get clogged in these and hence these filters need a replacement after six months.
Lastly, Cassette filters are the filters that have a good suction ability but these filters may also get clogged by oil and grease. But unlike carbon filters, these filters can be cleaned once they get clogged and then put back in the chimney again. Hence, you should always consider the filter of the chimney you are going to purchase.
Top 5 Kitchen Chimney Brands In India
Hindware is a popular brand in India for outstanding kitchen appliances. And along with many other products in the chest, Hindware has some really exciting kitchen chimneys that are worth considering if you are after a reliable and feature-rich chimney for your home kitchen. With the best-in-class build quality and performance, the Hindware Kitchen chimneys are one of the most reliable ones out in the market.
The thing that makes the Hindware Chimneys better than the competition is the outstanding customer care service. All the Chimney models from Hindware are backed up by the industry-leading warranty, and if you are after reliability, Hindware kitchen chimneys are literally unmatched.
The second brand that you can consider while looking for a reliable kitchen chimney for your home is Elica. Elica has gained tremendous popularity in India when it comes to kitchen appliances. With the emphasis on build quality, Elica kitchen appliances are probably the best when it comes to durability. Elica Kitchen Chimneys are great to look at and if you are after excellent build and unmatched design, the Elica Kitchen Chimneys are great options to look for.
In addition to the design and build, the Elica Kitchen chimneys are great performers too. So, whether you are after performance or looks, the Elica Kitchen Chimneys are not going to disappoint you at all.
Faber home and kitchen appliances are for those users who are looking for a great build and service promise. With better design and a great list of models make the Faber an exciting brand for kitchen chimneys. If you are also after a brand that has some really brilliant kitchen chimneys as per the Indian home needs and that is easier to maintain and some great useful features, the Faber is the right brand to go with.
Eurodomo is a relatively new company for Kitchen chimneys in India. However, the company’s products can easily compete with the top-brands for Kitchen chimneys. The excellent build quality, easy maintenance, and decent price list are a few major things that make Eurodomo a perfect choice for Indian buyers. So, if you also after a new yet reliable brand for your kitchen, you should once try hands on Eurodomo.
Sunflame is one of the most popular choices for kitchen appliances in India and with some excellent models of kitchen chimneys, the Sunflame now offers a complete kitchen package to buyers. You can rely on Sunflame for better usability and an outstanding list of features. So, try your hand on Sunflame if you are looking for complete value for your money.
Kitchen Chimney Do’s and Don’ts – Mistakes to Avoid
Now let’s checkout what are the do’s and dont’s of using a kitchen chimney in India
- At the time of installation, always keep in mind that the bottom of your kitchen chimney is placed 600 to 800 mm higher above the stove cooktop. A lower height of the kitchen chimney could prove to be problematic for you vis-à-vis your cooking.
- If your kitchen is undergoing renovation or construction and your kitchen chimney was installed before that time, then do not forget to remove the chimney from the kitchen wall. Also, pack the chimney in the box. We are saying this because the process of construction creates a large amount of fumes, dust, and paint chips that have the potential of damaging the chimney. Such damages are usually not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Before you start using the chimney, always make sure that you do read the instructions manual which is being provided by the brand to the customers.
- Also, ensure that the electric supply of your home matches to the specifications of the chimney.
- Always and always make sure that you clean the deposited residues and particles of the oil present on the bottom portion of the kitchen chimney. Because if you do not clean it properly, then this might lead to a fire hazard in your kitchen.
- All of the technical works such as repairs must be done only by the authorized professionals which the brand manufacturers offer to their customers.
- Always make sure that you turn off the chimney power if lightning takes place outside.
- Whenever you start the process of cooking, always make sure that you avoid the open flames. We mean to say that the cook or the user must avoid the flame-based cooking or grilling under the kitchen chimney. Otherwise, there could be a potential risk of damage to the chimney.
- If you are about to fry something, always make sure that you do not leave the hot oil by itself because this could flare-up and lead to a fire.
- As soon as the installation process is completed, do not forget to double-check and ensure that all of the parts such as baffle filters and plastic films present on the hood, as well as other parts, have been removed by you. Do not forget to remove them before turning on the kitchen chimney.
- Do not forget to wash and clean the kitchen chimney filters on a weekly basis, this will ensure a smooth operation of the chimney. Clean the filters once in ten to fifteen days, especially when your cooking involves a lot of grilling and frying.
- Whenever you perform any sort of maintenance operations inside the kitchen or you remove the chimney filters, do not forget to disconnect the plug of your kitchen chimney from your kitchen’s electric socket.
- Never allow the small kids, to operate or play around the kitchen chimney.
- Also, do not allow your pets to come closer to the kitchen chimney. We are sure you would never want anything wrong to happen with your lovely kids and pets.
How much does it cost to install a chimney?
In every house, the kitchen chimney is such a common thing that plays important role in several ways. Most kitchen chimneys are designed to provide effective suction power which will pull out all of the smoke, greasy particles, and oil smell inside the filter. This helps in having pollutant free-living and reducing the chances of having greasy stains on kitchen walls.
You can easily buy a kitchen chimney from eCommerce or a local store and get it installed within a few hours. Most manufacturers send their experts to install the chimney but if you bought it online and the company is not offering any kind of support in the installation process then you might have some issues. The first thing is, you have to call a local expert to install the chimney. But, the question is, how much does it cost to install a chimney?
A local expert will charge you on the basis of an hour spent installing the chimney. Most of the time, common household chimney installation costs between Rs.600 to Rs.2500. Extra charges are based on the fact that if you have a proper space for a chimney or not. In case the expert is going to do all the work for installation then the cost increases.
Methods to Save Chimney Installation Fees
There are a few methods that can help to reduce the cost of chimney installation. Below are two easy options that you can choose from and have a proper installation within a few hours –
- Free Installation Scheme – Make sure that you buy kitchen chimney from manufacturers who send their experts for a free installation. Most companies offer free installation and if you can’t find any offer, you can look it up online. There will be plenty of brands which will be offering you such great services.
- DIY – Kitchen chimneys don’t have so many parts which can help the installation process easier. By reading the instruction manual, you can install the kitchen chimney within two to three hours. Make sure that your kitchen has a dedicated space left for the chimney.
After installing the chimney, remove all the extra protection plastic film and you are ready to use it. Recheck all the connections for a safety reason.
Buying the Right Chimney
As you are buying a kitchen chimney, it would be a better choice to look for the right size. Check out the dimension that you have left for the kitchen chimney. After considering the size, you can get the chimney installed.
The second important tip is to acquire all the necessary equipment which will be used in the installation process. There are many times people opt for an instruction manual and start installing the chimney but due to lack of tools, they have to quit in between.
Once you have installed all the necessary parts and the chimney is working, go for the instruction manual and learn about safety features. There will be a cleaning period given to understand when there is a need for cleaning.
FAQ’s About Best Kitchen Chimneys Brand in India
1. Should anyone go with a non-ducted kitchen chimney over the ducted ones?
Well, it would not be the right choice if we consider the experts’ advice. There is no doubt that the ducted kitchen chimneys can easily perform well, as compared to the ductless ones. We know that while performing various cooking tasks in the kitchen, the airborne particles and different heat sources play a massive role in increasing the overall temperature and humidity level inside the kitchen. And the one kitchen chimney model that can help you to get rid of this issue is the Ducted one.
On the other hand, the ductless kitchen chimneys only can filter and throw out the fumes or smoke out of the kitchen with a simple method. But in case you want more than this like you want that your kitchen stays cooler and dry whenever you are working inside. In this situation, going with a ductless kitchen chimney system will be a stupid mistake that you will make.
2. Is it the right choice to go with convertible kitchen chimneys?
Yeah, of course, it is an excellent choice to go with convertible kitchen chimneys over the normal ones. Today, many manufacturers offer the convertible type of kitchen chimneys to fulfill the needs of their targeted customers. Basically, the convertible chimneys mean the installation in different ducting modes. Ensure that it has the major feature of converting from the ductless to the ducted chimney system; otherwise, it would be a worthless choice. Suppose that you want to move somewhere else in the future, and you now want to use the ducted chimney instead of the ductless, then don’t worry because it is possible with all the convertible options.
One more thing that you should always ensure is that the manufacturers are providing the carbon filters out of the box or not. In case, if the manufacturers are not providing the carbon filters out of the box, then you have to buy them additionally, and ultimately this will increase the overall cost.
3. When should a user wash the aluminum filters?
Washing the kitchen chimneys’ filters is a good habit, and if you want your kitchen chimney system to work flawlessly, make sure to focus on the aluminum filter. In almost all the modern chimney systems, you will get the excellent quality of washable aluminum filters. And mostly all the superb quality of aluminum filters shows excellent compatibility with the dishwashers. Which means you can simply wash these filters directly through the dishwasher. This is how you don’t even need to invest too much of your valuable time to spend on the washing problem of aluminum filters.
If we talk about how often you should wash the aluminum filters, many experts suggest that you do it once a month. And make sure not to use the detergents that come with a considerable amount of phosphate. It’s because the phosphate mixed detergents can damage the aluminum filter, and it might have happened that you need to replace it with a new one if you do it so.
4. When should a user replace the filters of a non-ducted kitchen chimney?
Again, no one can answer this question with 100% accuracy because it depends on multiple factors. Like how often you use the non-ducted kitchen chimney system, how much amount of smoke or fumes it is filtering, and so on. Talking about the charcoal filters, then as per many manufacturers, you should replace the charcoal filters anywhere between three to six months. Thankfully, in the market, there is some advanced type of kitchen chimney systems present that comes with the indicator light. Actually, this type of light indicator will notify you when you should replace the filters.
Cooking isn’t easy, but chimneys can make it comfortable. That’s why purchasing the right kind of chimney for your kitchen is very important. Several companies produce different chimneys, but not all their products would be the best for your kitchen.
And that is exactly the reason why we compiled this list of 10 best kitchen chimneys in India with several different factors in mind—the size of the kitchen, number of burners, cooking method, budget, etc. The factors vary individually, and they determine which chimney would be perfect for you.
For instance, if you have a large kitchen that involves heavy cooking, then the chimneys with 1200 m3/hr suction power would be the best for you, while if you have a fairly small kitchen, then chimneys with suction capacity ranging from 1000-1100 would be the best. Plus, 90 cm chimneys are good for 3-5 burner stoves, while 60 cm is better with 2-4 burner stoves.
Then, there is the budget factor as well. If you are a little tight on budget and yet want to have a good chimney, you can surely go for Sunflame Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney BELLA or Eurodomo Pyramid Kitchen Chimney with Hood Carbon or Hindware Chimney Sabina.
But if the price is not a great concern for you, all you want is the best chimney with the most exclusive features. You should choose Hindware Auto Clean Chimney Nevio 60, Faber Heat Auto Clean Chimney with the Hood Crest, or Faber Chimney with Hood Tratto.
So, ultimately it all comes down to your choice and your kitchen, cooking, or budget requirements to base your decision on. Our extensive research to shortlist the best kitchen chimneys in India can only bring you this far.
To choose the best one among them, you need to consider your specifications and weigh all the features, pros, and cons against each other. Remember, kitchen chimneys are one-time investments, so make sure you do your research, think deeply, and make an informed choice.