Glen is a popular kitchen appliances manufacturer in India known for its classy and sophisticated design specially in the Indian Kitchen Chimney space. It pledges to make your life simpler and better so that you get the best experience in the kitchen while you cook the dishes for yourself and your family.
The market of Indian Electric chimneys is booming at a pace like never before. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.9% during 2020-26.
The best Glen Chimneys in India are special because they are manufactured to serve the Indian cooking requirements very well.
Moreover, you need not worry about the servicing of these chimneys. The after-sales service is remarkable, and the spare parts can be taken from a wide network of dealers available across the country. Thus makes your purchase risk-free.
Table of Contents
- Top 8 best Glen chimney in India
- 1. Glen Filterless Autoclean Chimney
- 2. Glen 90 cm Heat Auto Clean Chimney
- 3. Glen 60cm Auto Clean Chimney
- 4. Glen 60cm Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney
- 5. Best Glen Kitchen chimney Touch Sensor
- 6. Glen 90cm Auto Clean Vertical Glass
- 7. Glen 90cm Straight Glass Wall Mount Kitchen Chimney
- 8. Glen 60cm Pyramid Kitchen Chimney
Top 8 best Glen chimney in India
For over two decades, Glen has been devoted to delivering great services to its customers. People who have trusted the company have never been proved wrong.
Below is a list of the best Glen chimneys in India for you to choose from.
This list is not made out of random thoughts. It is backed by trials. We tested more than 50 different chimneys and invested three months of extensive research in shortlisting these 8 chimneys.
For this, we considered all the factors that come to your mind when you choose a chimney for yourself- the size of your kitchen, mounting type, filter type and after-sales services, which are the most worrying.
1. Glen Filterless Autoclean Chimney
- Built-in motion control to turn it on and off
- Filterless chimney to minimize cleaning
- Easy to clean oil collector
- LED lamp for lighting up the cooking area
The Glen Senza Filterless Autoclean chimney is one of the best in its class. It’s an all-rounder with a moderate suction of 1050m³/hour, an oil collection tray and modern motion sensors to turn it on and off by just the wave of a hand.
The curved glass design and black finish lend a very classy and sophisticated look to your kitchen. Combined with smart motion sensors and an illuminating power-saving LED lamp, this chimney sets the mood for cooking, right.
Its strong suction helps to suck out all the oil and grease out of your kitchen. Unfortunately, these very oils and grease stick to your walls, causing grime marks and unpleasant odour. The suction is most suitable for kitchens of an area more than 200 sq. ft.
It seems company has well thought of the ease of its customers. It has made its chimneys filterless and has also attached an oil collector. The advantages of both of these are simple. Being filterless, you are spared the hassle of cleaning it regularly, thus bringing down the maintenance cost essentially to zero. Just wiping the meshwork after cooking is enough for it to last long.
The external oil collector collects all the grease particles. Once the cooking is done and the auto-clean is done, detach the oil collector, wash it, dry it with a cotton cloth and reattach it for the subsequent use.
Coming to the pros and cons of the chimney
- Filterless makes it easy to clean
- Almost zero maintenance cost
- Touch sensor controls
- 5-year warranty (on motor) + 1-year warranty (on the product)
- Installation might be a hectic job, even when the technician assists you.
For a large kitchen and an added beauty to your kitchen at a low cost, the Senza Filterless Autoclean Chimney should be your preferred choice.
2. Glen 90 cm Heat Auto Clean Chimney
- Easy to operate Touch sensor controls
- 100% copper wires for maximum safety
- Advanced Auto clean technology
- Powerful suction of 1200m³/hour
- Suitable for 2-4 burner stove
What comes next is our heat Auto clean chimney. It is one of the finest chimneys Glen has ever made. Although it lacks the motion sensors of Senza Filterless Auto clean Chimney, it makes up for its durability. The easy-to-clean Stainless steel baffle filter lasts a lifetime.
The suction of this chimney is remarkable. For a kitchen of more than 200 sq. ft., the chimney gives a powerful suction of 1200m³/hour.
To withstand the high temperatures of Auto clean, the housing and fan are made of metal. When the Auto clean function is on, the temperature rises to 85-90°C, and all the oil and grease comes melting down. This oil and grease collect in a separate oil collector tray which can be removed, washed, wiped and re-fitted easily. The Auto clean feature and the oil collector tray brings down the cleaning hassle significantly.
While keeping an eye on the functionalities, the company has not weakened the design. The building is robust. It also comes with a curved glass design, which is the customer’s favourite as it adds an extra flavour of elegance to the product. It has not kept any control “buttons” as such, and everything can be controlled by a simple light touch of your finger.
Another secret feature Glen has added shows how much they care about the customer’s safety. They have used Flame retardant plastic that sets the bar high and provides maximum protection.
If you feel that your hob area is dark at any point, you can turn the built-in LED light on. It is a high-performance energy-saving light fitted for convenient cooking.
- Huge suction power
- Touch sensor control
- Heat Autoclean
- Baffle filter is built to last a lifetime
- Touch control system sometimes malfunction
This should be your choice if you are looking for something durable without compromising on the performance. It is built to last long with almost zero maintenance cost.
3. Glen 60cm Auto Clean Chimney
- Smart Touch controls for easier handling
- protected by Thermal overload protector
- Dynamic airflow to minimize oil deposits in the machine
- The stainless steel baffle filter lasts a lifetime
Upcoming next is the chimney for medium size kitchens. It is best suited for kitchens of 100-150 sq. ft. and moderate grilling.
Talking of the design. It is unparalleled at this price range. The black finish and the curved toughened glass makes the environment of your kitchen more refined.
The stainless baffle filters are built to last. They can be easily cleaned by wiping them, which decreases the maintenance cost to zero.
The stainless baffle filters are made in such a way that it ensures dynamic airflow. Owing to this system of dynamic airflow, oil deposits are accumulated without choking the filter.
The special feature of this chimney is that it automatically switches itself off when the heat is excessive. It does so by its 100% copper Italian motor with Thermal Overload Protector.
- Classy design
- 2 LED lights to light up the hob area
- Thermal overload protector for advanced safety
- Lifetime warranty
- Autoclean function may not work well
- Getting the chimney installed may be a hassle
If you have a medium sized kitchen, and you are wondering which chimney to go for. Close your eyes and purchase this.
4. Glen 60cm Curved Glass Kitchen Chimney
- Its chimney is controlled by Push-button controls
- Moderate suction force
- It contains 2 LED lamps for better illumination
- Inbuilt push button control
- It is having italian motor with thermal overload protector
Glen had made this chimney with premium materials that provide high performance and make for a robust build. The black curved glass has been tempered to maximize safety.
The chimney has a hood size of 60cm that is ideal for 2-4 burner gas stoves. For kitchens greater than 200 sq.ft., it provides a suction of 1000m³/hr. It is suitable for getting rid of smoke and oils during heavy frying.
It also comes with a stainless steel baffle filter that ensures dynamic airflow. The dynamic airflow system prevents any oily deposits on the filter. In addition, the filter can be easily wiped to remove oil stains, and this simple wiping after every use can make it last a lifetime.
For its users, Glen has made sure of safety in three different ways. Firstly, it has used Flame Resistant Plastic and copper. Next, its Italian copper motor comes with TOP (Thermal Overload Protector), which turns the chimney off when the heat is excessive.
Lastly, it has made the housing and fans out of Flame Retardant Plastic that provides maximum fire protection besides producing the least noise.
The controls of the chimney are assigned to push buttons. So, if you are sceptical about touch controls not functioning after a few months, this is the one you should go for.
Moreover, there are two high-performance power-saving LED lamps attached to the chimney that illuminates the cooking area.
- Housing and fan-made of Flame Retardant Plastic
- Moderate suction of 1000m³/hour.
- 2 LED lights to light up the cooking area
- Moderate suction may take time to clear off the smoke
- Installation might be a problem
If your budget is low and you can compromise a bit on the chimney’s look, you can buy this.
5. Best Glen Kitchen chimney Touch Sensor
- Modern touch sensor controls.
- Stainless steel baffle filter for easy cleaning
- It has 2 LED lamps
- It comes with lifetime warranty
- 100% copper winding motor
Made of 5mm thick glass, this Glen kitchen Chimney adds beautifully to the style of your kitchen. The hassle-free cleaning of Stainless steel baffle filters and lifetime warranty gives complete peace of mind.
The advanced touch sensor controls give a sophisticated, modern look to the cooking space. Its 60 cm hood easily covers stoves with 2-4 burners.
It also provides uncompromised powerful suction of 1000m³/hour for small kitchens of area 100-150 sq. ft. So if your kitchen is small and it gets smoky after you grill or fry, this chimney must be your go-to.
The baffle filter is made up of stainless steel. The premium quality stainless steel and the thermal overload protector essentially contributes to the long life of this chimney.
For safety purposes, all the wiring has been done with flame-retardant plastic and copper. And the Thermal Overload Protector switches the chimney off when the temperature rises above the safe limit. This way, any sort of accident due to high temperature is prevented.
- Powerful suction for small kitchens (100-150 sq. ft)
- Baffle filters are made of stainless steel
- Thermal overload protector for added safety
- Touch controls may malfunction after a few years
- Getting the technician to install the chimney might be difficult
Very suitable for students or workers who live in a small space. The cost is low and apt for small kitchens.
6. Glen 90cm Auto Clean Vertical Glass
- Being filterless, it requires minimum cleaning
- Smart motion sensors for sophisticated control
- The oil collector tray can be easily cleaned
- Low noise even at maximum suction force
This high end chimney has a unique design in being vertical. It is equipped with advanced facilities like touch control, motion sensors and a powerful suction.
Talking of the design, the glasses are black in colour with a classy look that perfectly suits the aesthetics of your modern kitchen.
The touch controls makes it possible to control the functions of the chimney by just a light tap of the finger.
Not only this, the motion sensor enables the easy operation of the chimney by a simple wave of the hand.
The filterless design removes the hassle of cleaning regularly and brings down the maintenance cost to zero.
Eco-friendly power saving LED lights are provided to illuminate the cooking area and provide better visibility.
It has a powerful suction of 1400 m³/hour. Such powerful suction doesn’t allow any grease and oil to stick to the kitchen walls and cause unpleasant odours. Even at such a high suction power, the chimney doesn’t produce much noise
The chimney has an in-built heating coil that takes care of the temperature inside the chimney.
- Powerful suction for maximum absorption of oil and grease
- Touch and motion sensors for easier control
- Easily cleanable oil collector tray.
- No hassle of cleaning the chimney, as it is filterless
- Getting the chimney installed might be difficult
If you have a high budget and are looking for something high end for your large kitchen, you can purchase this. This vertical glass Kitchen Chimney will keep up with your expectations and make the kitchen smoke-free in a matter of minutes.
7. Glen 90cm Straight Glass Wall Mount Kitchen Chimney
- Straight glass hood, a modern design
- 1000m³/hour suction power. Quite good for small kitchens of size 100-150 sq. ft
- Toughened glass for added safety.
- Dynamic airflow to prevent any oily deposit in the filter that could choke it.
- Increased safety with Housing and fan made of flame retardant plastic.
The Glen 90cm straight glass wall mount kitchen chimney is ideal for a gas stove with 2-4 burners. The design is built to last forever and you need not spend much to maintain it to the best of its lifetime.
The straight glass and sleek design look exclusive in a modern kitchen setup. The straight glass hood is tempered to ensure maximum safety.
With its massive suction potential of 1000m³/hour, it is very quiet, which makes you cook mindfully, without the rattling noise of the chimney in the background.
The modern design of the chimney ensures dynamic airflow that minimizes oil deposits on the filters.
The baffle filters attached to the chimney are made of stainless steel, that is easy to clean and lasts the longest.
The chimney is equipped with an eco-friendly LED light, for your best visibility.
The controls of the chimney are in the form of pushbuttons. The buttons help to select between three convenient speeds and the LED light. The control panel has an indicator light for “power on”.
The chimney has been thoughtfully made safe so that you can cool at complete peace of mind
It has an all-copper Italian motor with a thermal overload protector (TOP) which switches the chimney off if the temperature is extremely high. Another element of added safety is the flame retardant plastic used to make the housing and the fan.
Glen provides a warranty of 1 year on product and 5 years on motor,
- Strong suction suitable for small kitchens
- Ideal for 2-4 burner gas stove
- Tempered glass hood which doesn’t break easily
- Baffle filter made of stainless steel that lasts long
- Made of flame-retardant plastic and equipped with a thermal overload protector.
- Eco-friendly LED light for optimum visibility of the cooking area
- 1-year warranty on product and 5 years on motor.
- Not apt for large kitchens.
Suitable for someone who is looking for a powerful chimney at a low price for his medium-sized kitchen.
8. Glen 60cm Pyramid Kitchen Chimney
- Pyramid-shaped design
- Stainless steel baffle filter for easy cleaning
- Push-button controls
- Powerful LED light to light up the cooking area.
The pyramid design is not commonly seen among glen chimneys. Installing this pyramid chimney in your kitchen will add a sense of beauty to your kitchen.
The strong suction of 1000m³/hour is suitable for large kitchens. The 60cm wide hood can easily cover a stove with 2-4 gas burners, making the kitchen smoke free in a matter of minutes. It makes minimum noise at lower speeds.
The stainless steel baffle filter is easy to clean. It is advisable to clean it after every use so that oil stains can be removed before it gets hard to get rid of them.
Two powerful 40W lamps are provided that casts lights on the hob area and make cooking easier.
The controls of the chimney are “push button” type. Push buttons are a relief for someone who feels that touch buttons are more sophisticated and can stop functioning after a while. In this Chimney, the push button helps to control the lamp and the three different suction speeds.
While packing the chimney with so many features, the safety has not been forgotten. All the materials are made of flame retardant plastic to ensure the safest cooking.
The matter of relief is the lifetime warranty that the manufacturer provides. You are at no risk while you buy this chimney
- Unique pyramid-shaped design
- Strong suction force of 1000 m³/hour even for large kitchens.
- 2 LED bulbs for greater visibility
- Push-button controls for easier use
- Made safe with flame retardant plastic
- lifetime warranty with this chimney
- Noisier at higher speeds
- After-sales service is not good
Such facilities at such a low price are unbelievable. If you can compromise on the noise at higher speeds, you can buy this chimney.
Why buy a Glen Chimney?
The motto of Glen chimneys is to make the lives of its customers easier. They keep their people first. Apart from its design, Glen also provides outstanding products with powerful suction, auto clean and high-temperature safety.
With 20 years in business, they have earned a lot of expertise, and this expertise is confidently reflected in the lifetime warranty it provides on most of its products. Being an Indian company, it has tweaked its technology to address the problems of Indian kitchens.
This personalized approach makes Glen stand out among its competitors.
Is Glen a good brand for chimneys?
Yes, it is. Owing to its more than twenty years in business, they have committed to continuous improvement in its design and function. Once correctly installed by a skilled technician, Glen chimneys can serve really long without any hassle or maintenance. All you have to do to keep it durable is wipe the filter and wash the oil collector as often as you can.
Which Glen chimney is best?
After testing and reviewing some of the bestselling chimneys of India. The Best Glen Chimney is Glen 90cm 1400m³/hr Autoclean vertical glass Kitchen Chimney . It covers a large area, has the greater suction capacity, touch control, motion sensors, and its all-black design looks quite graceful in a large kitchen setup.
So if you are ready to spend some extra money on your kitchen decoration, this is the one you should choose.
On our concluding note, we would love to give you a crucial tip which is often overlooked- the size of your kitchen and the space available to keep the chimney. It’s always beneficial to know your specifications before you go on to search.
If you have read until here, we are sure you have already decided which one is right for you among all the chimneys mentioned. We hope that you choose the best one to purchase for yourself.